Behavior Intervention Services
Behavior Intervention Services provides comprehensive behavior intervention and support to school teams for students receiving general and/or special education services. Services are provided for students Pre-K through grade 8. Under the supervision of the Director of Special Programs, the school psychologist and the school guidance counselor provide assistance to school principals and teachers on the design and implementation of behavioral prevention and intervention strategies and support services.
Salem School behavior intervention services are committed to:
· Providing collaborative behavioral support to teachers and school teams to help build capacity to meet the needs of a broad range of students.
· Providing professional development opportunities for school staff in the design and implementation of research based behavior strategies.
· Building collaborative partnerships with parents by providing workshop opportunities and bridging the home and school environments.
· Assisting school teams in the development, collection and analysis of data to provide informed, effective behavioral programming for students.
· Providing school teams with student crisis intervention support.