COMMUNICATION TOOLSWebsite:The Salem School District website provides a vast amount of information to the Salem learning community.E-Alerts:Only registered members will receive "E-Alerts". These are periodic e-mail messages notifying members of school closings, delays or other important information To register, log onto www.salemschools.org and select register (top right-hand corner). You can also subscribe to get "E-Alerts" on specific sections of the website so that you are notified when changes are made. (i.e., Wednesday Folder, Sports, Food Services)ENS System:
We are pleased to announce that we will continue to use a voice emergency broadcast messaging system (Parent Reach) that will enable us to contact parents/guardians home and cell phones simultaneously in the event of an emergency closing, early dismissal or other important information.
What you need to know about receiving calls sent through the
Salem School District Emergency Broadcast System
- Caller ID will display1-411-411-411 when the announcement is delivered.
- The technology must hear a voice to deliver the message.
- Be sure to say “Hello” when you answer the phone.
- The system will leave a message on any answering machine or voicemail.
- The system will not call extensions.
- The system will not allow calls to go through if you have Privacy Manager. If you have this feature, you will need to deactivate it to receive calls through this system.