Personnel/Contract Negotiations SubcommitteeAgendas and Minutes
Personnel/Contract Negotiations Subcommittee:
Purpose of Subcommittee:
This subcommittee meets to study recommended compensation issues for administrators, professional staff and non-certified personnel. The subcommittee usually meets once a month or on an “as needed” basis during labor and/or personnel contract negotiations. The subcommittee conducts or assists with administrative position searches. The subcommittee also reviews proposed/revised job descriptions, employee grievances and other human resources topics/issues and related legal issues. Non-board members can act as advisors to this subcommittee, but are not considered a part of this subcommittee and are not allowed to participate in executive sessions unless invited by the board members.
Charge of Subcommittee:
· To negotiate employee contracts on behalf of the Board with the administration, professional staff and non-certified personnel, as appropriate, toward the goal of reaching a fair/equitable agreement;
· To study recommended compensation issues for administrators, professional staff and non-certified personnel, referring to current and local data to substantiate proposals;
· To maintain confidentiality while negotiations are on-going;
· To keep the Board apprised of the negotiations process;
· To confer with the Board’s attorney regarding contract negotiations and human resources issues;
· To present a package of negotiated item’s for the Board’s approval;
· To hear staff grievances when they are addressed to the Board;
· To review job descriptions and district organizational chart annually;
· To facilitate searches for the school superintendent position; and
· To assist Superintendent with searches for other administrative positions.