We are excited to welcome you and your family into our school community. Please review the information below to prepare for the student enrollment process.
1. STEP ONE
Please gather the following documents to prepare for registration:
- Proof of Residency documents (see below for list)
- Birth Certificate
- Physical and Immunizations
- Health forms are required to enroll in school.
Parents will have an opportunity to upload these forms and documents in our registration portal. Parents may also email or deliver them to school.
2. STEP TWO
Once you have gathered the required documents, you may begin the online enrollment process. This process will take between 30 and 45 minutes; you can save your progress and return to the enrollment at any time. Once complete, be sure to click submit. If changes need to be made after you submit your information, please contact the school office directly.
3. AFTER SUBMISSION
Once you have submitted the online enrollment application, the school will contact you to finalize registration. Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll any minor student. The following documents will be required to enroll your child(ren):
Documentation Required To Complete The Enrollment Process
You will have the opportunity to upload the required documents during the online registration process. If you are unable to upload, you may make an appointment to bring them to the school. All originals will be returned to the parent/guardian. If you are missing any of the required documents listed, your child’s enrollment will not be complete and an appointment will be required to finalize the enrollment.
Proof of Age
- Official original birth certificate is recommended. If an original birth certificate is not available, other examples of documents which may be used to verify the age of a student are: a photocopy of a birth certificate, earlier school records, state-issued identification document, passport, parent’s affidavit or unsworn statement to a student’s age, a physician’s certificate verifying a student’s age or immunization records.
Proof of Residency
- A current signed lease/rental, recent mortgage statement, copy of the Salem Home Property Tax statement or the title page of the current homeowner's insurance policy.
2nd (required) - all must include a guardian's name and a current Salem address)
- Valid photo identification card (CT Driver's license, Government issued photo ID showing Salem Address).
All children of school age who reside in Salem are entitled to attend Salem Public School.If you find yourself homeless, your child is entitled to attend public school based on The McKinney-Vento Act. Please contact our school office for more assistance.
- In addition to items 1 and 2, you must bring two current separate utility bills i.e. electricity, gas, sewer, phone cable, water (counted as one item).
INCOMING KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS:
In order to register for the 2023-2024 Salem School Kindergarten, your child must be five years of age on or before January 1, 2024; have a record of current immunizations; a comprehensive physical examination dated within a year of the first day of school; a birth certificate; and proof of residency documentation per BOE Policy 5118.1.